Monday


My current music obsession is with Plumb. It's basically just Tiffany Arbuckle singing a variety of interesting songs, with very contrasting styles within the same albums. Her voice and lyrics are strangely compelling, depressing but also bringing a strange sense of healing and peace. My favourite tracks would be Damaged, Here With Me, CandyCoatedWaterDrops, Phobic, Late Great Planet Earth.

CandyCoatedWaterDrops

What is this
Mass confusion
This crazy way we're living
This emptiness we're passing out
Like candycoatedwaterdrops
I'm spilling out my thoughts
You're spilling out your guts

And I can't help but stop and think that

If the world stopped spinning,
If the end was beginning,
Would you even notice, if I wasn't there?
If the world stopped spinning around

All that's worth dying for, is already dead
An empty religion, you've learned to accept
When nothing means everything, your daily routine
You go through the motions, like a helpless machine

When the answers to everything
Are right in your hands,
You lose your conviction
But you can't help standing,
On the one thing that held you
For so many years
You ask for forgiveness
And hold back the tears

--

Damaged

Dreaming comes so easily
Cause it's all that I've known
True love is a fairytale
I'm damaged, so how would I know?

I'm scared and I'm alone
I'm ashamed and I need for you to know

I didn't say all the things that I wanted to say
And you can't take back what you've taken away
Cause I feel you, I feel you near me
I didn't say all the things that I wanted to say
And you can't take back what you've taken away
Cause I feel you, I feel you near me

Healing comes so painfully
And it chills to the bone
Will anyone get close to me
I'm damaged, as I'm sure you know

There's mending for my soul
An ending to this fear
Forgiveness for a man who was stronger
I was just a little girl
but I can't go back

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Completely off-topic, but did you receive my recent Emails? I would also like to know if you have any more Guild Wars articles to contribute.

Fat Cat Lim

aetherfox said...

yes. and no, to the second question.