Tuesday

is everyone the same

I haven't met anyone new for awhile, then this week I meet half a dozen people. Maybe I'm too quick to categorize and stereotype. But everytime I met one of them, I mentally fleshed them out with my preconceived notions and assumptions, filing them away into their cubby holes of how they fit into society.

Girl from Botswana. (check. the same contradictory loner yet friendly behaviour as i've seen several times) Mainland chinese girl (check, the accented english, the contradictory enthusiasm and shyness). Pakistani guy. (check, the pride, force of character, the desire to be liked, the cologne).

But what's this? Ash has interesting friends. =p Perhaps more on them next time, if I get to meet them again.

1 comment:

xenobiologista said...

"contradictory enthusiasm and shyness" sounds exactly like my friend from Chengdu.