Saturday

Bagovations

Every now and then you come across little ingenious inventions that make you wonder, "now why hasn't anyone thought of this before?"

Being the bagophile that I am, the ones I'm most enthusiastic about are of course the ones that have to do with bags. =P

Introducing the Smartlyte, the Purseket and the Purse Hook.

The Smartlyte is a a tiny button light that sits in a little pocket of your bag and illuminates the interior of your bag whenever the bag is opened. It won't heat up and can even be used as a torchlight. Practicalities aside just imagine how FUN it would be to open your bag in a darkened room and have it light up, illuminating your face, with an accompanying "AAAAAaaaaaah" heavenly chorus sound effect. =P (Okay, the AAaaah's not included but I'm sure you'll figure something out) The Smartlyte retails at USD$7.

My personal favourite is the Purseket. It's a removable, flexible panel of pockets that can loop around and frame the interior of your bag. It's a brilliant idea, especially for biiiiiig bags that lack pockets. The bestest part is it makes changing bags a breeze, just whip it out of one bag and into another. The purseket comes in various sizes, and sadly isn't cheap unless you're a US citizen. *sighs* I'm tempted to attempt sewing this myself, but lack of a sewing machine deters me as I detest long hand over hand running stitches.

And finally the Purse Hook. WHAT a neat idea! I for one am sick of using my handbag as a napkin, sitting on it, having it fall on the floor, or hanging it on the back of my chair and worrying all the time if I'm being pick-pocketed. The thing is, I'm amazed that the Americans beat the Japanese to this little wonder. Or did they? it just seems like something the Japanese would have come up with aaaaaages ago. Well, if anyone knows where this can be obtained in M'sia for less than USD$16 I beg you to tell me.

This post is courtesy of two of my favourite blog sites, BagCrazy and Not Martha.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and there i was shoo-ing you off to talk to mark, and you're obsessing about bagses (while talking to him?).

i'm sure there's a disorder named after this.

Anonymous said...

and there i was shoo-ing you off to talk to mark, and you're obsessing about bagses (while talking to him?).

i'm sure there's a disorder named after this.