Thursday

Airplane food.

Back in Melbourne right now.

Most people call me weird but I have really enjoyed eating the dinners provided in the airplanes on the last few trips. Perhaps it's not so much the food that is the problem but rather the claustrophobia / cramped conditions / general feeling of fed-up-ness that makes the food seem like it sucks. I have the feeling the food isn't all that BAD as it's made out to be.

Flying back to Malaysia : got fragrant coconut rice with some spice that I keep forgetting the name of : with thai chilli sauce chicken. Getting something like that steaming hot ranks among the more enjoyable things I get to eat. =p

Flying back to Melbourne : starter was a spicy squid salad, and then main was a nicely done beef rib dish (western) with some carrots, apples and various other green things. The desert was inedible though so I didn't even try (some chocolate cake with nuts).

3 comments:

Shuuji said...

spice = tumeric/kunyit?

Karcy R. said...

I like airplane food. Even if I am too tired and just want to sleep, I will wake up for the food.

I always have this perception that it's free. I know it's not. But when the food passes me, I just keep thinking "Free"

Once I felt so poor and nicked all the possible things from cafes during my first year I even brought home the RO water. Free water mah.

aetherfox said...

Coriander i think.