Saturday

deadzors

One of my hard drives just died.

It was the oldest one, it's more than 5 years old.

Due to the nature of how my computer is set up and the idiocy of the windows boot system, once I turn off my computer I will not be able to turn it on again.

(Old OS used to reside in D: and when I upgraded my computer the OS was rendered unusable -> so I installed a new copy of Windows in a new hard drive in order to access the data off D: -> but on bootup, the computer insists on checking D: first and then only going to the real boot drive)

So yeah, I'm sort of prepared for most contingencies. Some data is backed up. But 40 gigs of data is reasonably large amount. And in 5 years, you can only wonder at the kind of detritus that's accumulated there.

Uh oh. I think I lost my copy of Stepmania and all 10 anime / ddr music packs.

2 comments:

A.Yu said...

*horror!!* does that include Last Exile music?????

aetherfox said...

i got it back finally =p