Wednesday

i'm sure i've mused about this before

But it came up in last night's conversation. Observe people who are drunk. How do they act different from when they are sober. More people laugh more readily, why. Some act more melancholic, why. Some are quicker to anger, some are withdrawn. Let us exclude cases where people are physically incapacitated due to alcohol intolerance, we are only interested in the mental effects.

Hypothesis : Everyone's "exterior" breaks down when they are drunk and are in less control of their actions.

Therefore : if someone is drunk and their behaviour is not observed to have changed then there are 3 possible conclusions.

a. he has such good self control that he continues putting up his exterior personality
b. he doesn't exercise self control anyway when sober, so there is nothing to change
c. he is only pretending to be drunk

And that's why alcohol is so fascinating to me =p There is a possibility that people may let you know things they don't mean to. There was a girl once who danced with me, when we each had had a fair bit to drink, and I was very amused. =)

For the record my situation is always option c. for some reason =p Since I'm not arrogant enough to claim a. or b.

1 comment:

Ash said...

hmmm
I think I become happier haha...
or well. Whatever mood I'm in I think is simply more obvious. And since I always wear my heart on my sleeve anyway I guess I'm closest to option b. :P Yes I am arrogant. But I don't think I hide many things