Saturday

More on colors =p


I feel female sometimes. I'm not kidding. I blame society.

Kinda stupid for a guy who grew up with no sisters and went to an all guys school.

But if I was a girl I already know which guys I want. (haha beware)

Once I was with a bunch of girls (the only guy) and afterwards one of them said to me it's the first time they could have a good girltalk conversation with a guy participating. It's almost as if I wasn't a real guy. She's always honest with me, if anything, overly critical : she probably means it as an insult. Yet.

I chose a pink colored MP3 player because I honestly thought it was best color. But why should colors be gender specific? It has to be social conditioning, there is absolutely NO reason why certain colors should be associated with certain genders. WTF right?

I'm acting probably, say, 90% male. But is it because of what society has made me, or because of what I choose to be, or because of how I'm born? It's sheer conceit to think that I am fully in control of what I am, yet that's the answer I'm going to be running with for the moment.

Yet I know that, when I sit here, and think : if I was a girl tomorrow : it doesn't really bother me, in fact it would be interesting. Think about it. I have the same urges and desires as pretty much anyone does I think, male or female, so yay I am normal. I think. You just work with what you have and what you are.

So yes. I blame society for making pink a female colour. I blame society for dictating that girls should act a certain way and that guys should act another way. The differences between guys and girls are much smaller than people make them out to be. This difference is just magnified out of proportion : you can say that guys are more aggressive because of increased testosterone but really how much of it is simply society's expection of how genders should behave? Guys are supposed to like only girls but how much of it is biological and how much of it is again, social pressure.

No comments: