Saturday

Seeing double... no...


I love these pictures, I drag them out occasionally to have a stare. I may have blogged about them before. Allows you to resolve a 3D image from 2 seperate images : the left image is for your right eyen and right image for your left eye. Convince them to lock on, and with some coaxing a single image will appear for you : and it does feel strikingly like a 3D image, with actual depth perception, and you'll find that you'll need to focus differently on nearer and farther objects in the picture just like in real life.

I drank a fair bit the other night. Not the first time my friends commented that I act exactly the same no matter how much I have had to drink. I must have been up to my eyeballs in alcohol. Sure. Some theorize that a person's true nature reveals itself when they've lost their inhibitions. The convenient explantion is a person who doesn't change behaviour acts completely true to himself all the time, but it's gotta be more complicated than that. Perhaps inhibitions run deeper with some people. This is the place where physiology crosses over into the unknown territory of social science... but my personal feelings on the matter is : I feel exactly the same, and therefore I act exactly the same. Oh, let me mention, perhaps I feel happier. Just a little bit. Maybe more daring, more affectionate. And yet after a certain point my fine motor skills are shot completely to hell, can barely pour a cup of water without spilling some, or walk past chairs and tables without bumping into them. Bah. Other learned motor skills are retained : I walked past one of the best foosball players I know (he goes to competitions) and I gave him a good run for his money : I played as well as I always do, catching quick passes and firing off several fast accurate shots that I normally don't get even on my good days. And he even complimented the sharpness of my playing. He didn't guess what I was doing at the time.

But. I. Cannot. Pour. A. Glass. Of. Water. BAH.

1 comment:

Ash said...

Hmm...
How was I drunk... I think I was more sacarstic and a good deal more jovial. Besides the headache and vomiting, i enjoyed the whole experience.

Now if I could find a way to get drunk without the headache and vomiting, i would actually take up drinking.

Did I change? Maybe. You have to ask others. I am a bad judge of meself