Wednesday

Nice Wallpaper


This doesn't look like much but it makes a surprisingly good wallpaper. The colours are soothing, and the sense of perspective it gives works really well for a desktop. Don't ask me why. =Þ

I've been looking back at my collection of music and movies and I find I am attracted to stories and themes which are sad or tragic. Even the stuff I write is like that. Maybe I am a natural pessimist who likes to wallow in self pity, hehe. Or conversely take pleasure in the sadness and tragedy of others? (omg scary thought, everyone now be very scared of me hehe).

There's a bunch of interesting tests at the BBC website link thanks to Karcy.

I recently took the BBC gender test and I scored 25% male. The "typical" male is supposed to score 50%. I scored distinctly female in three categories... first one is, what sort of facial features I like... uhm... apparently I like masculine features !!! WTF. Males are only supposed to like feminine features, while girls apparently can go either way. That's why "pretty guys" as also quite popular, while mannish looking features on a girl is considered really bad.

Second one was word association. Girls apparently better at words : well for me I write and play scrabble lots so maybe this skewed the test. =Þ Third one emotion :(guys are supposed to suck) the test was about identifying emotion based on just a photo of the person's eyes.

I also did the identifying fake smiles tests and I got 15 out of 20. I would be interested in how other people scored : they didn't give the average mark or score that others got.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

25% Male for me too.

Ciu

Shuuji said...

Pansies, both of you. :P

Mark: Does that mean Emily looks manly? 0.o

*dodges incoming HHH*

Karcy R. said...

AM FIFTY PERCENT MALE. WATCH OUT FOR MY SEX DRIVE. :p

Kahani said...

*giggles at karcy* Hmm.. I wonder how you're going to find a man that's man enough for you. 100% male would be scary.

Flamebreaker - I guess that means you're utterly asexual (no sex)?

*wallops ken in passing*

Well.... Jer, I expected that of you actually. =P

I'm 50% female, completely and utterly average. *pouts*

Anonymous said...

Em, i decided the test was too long to do a second time, and i'm always sleepy so it doesn't make much of a difference anyway. shall be contented with being 25% female.

Anonymous said...

procrastination on work brought me back to the test. seems like i'm more male at night and more female during the day =D scored a 50%! yay.

still did incredibly well for memory and 3D test though. and u know me - i can't cheat coz i don't remember!