Monday

Random Song (free association)

Been on a song collecting spree lately, looking for old songs.

Save the Best For Last (Vanessa Williams)
I like themes like this. Now we're standing face to face, isn't this world a crazy place, she says, and it's true, the world is pretty mad. Something like the lyrics from Dave Matthews Band, Crush, and he goes, It's crazy, just thinking, knowing that the world is round, I'm here, I'm dancing on the ground, am I right side up or upside down, and is this real or am I dreaming?

What If (Kate Winslet)
Uhm I didn't know the Titanic chick could sing. So random... again nice lyrics. What if I had never walked away, Coz I still love you more than I can say... which is riding along the same wistful theme as, I recall, an old S Club Seven song, Never Had A Dream Come True where she goes, Even though I pretend that I've moved on, you'll always be my baby / no matter where life takes me to, a part of me will always be with you. It's really sad : but there are bound to be times in life where you connect with someone special but because of circumstances beyond your control, and you are left wondering, what if... well this theme has been done to death anyway, in movies and song.

Reminds me of the main theme from the last few episodes of Kanon. The girl and the guy were in love before, but circumstances contrived that he forgot about her. (she still remembers). They meet and fall in love again for the second time, (for him he thinks its the first time) but the girl realises that she can't be with him. She gets one wish, and he asks her what she wants, and in a heartbreaking moment she says that she wants him to forget about her, like the first time, because he is better off not remembering rather than spending a lifetime of hurt.

Well she's a spirit (not alive) and she asks him to please close his eyes, and she puts her hands on his shoulders and kisses him on his forehead while he's saying, don't be stupid, I could never forget about you, why would you ask such a thing, don't go, you can't leave before I've said goodbye, please say something, let me know you're still here. And when he opens his eyes she's already gone.

No comments: